June 09, 2011

Today, I Felt Kinda Old

Hi. Have you missed me?  Yeah our lives are a little hectic with school and work and summer school but I have a funny story about today. Maybe it's only funny to me, but that's quite alright because well, this is my blog. Right? Right.

Today during my Biology 101 lab the girl who sits behind me, and is undoubtedly a freshman, says to me:

 "You married? You can't be old enough to be married. I saw that ring on your finger and I was like there is no way you can be married"

I kinda laughed and then responded:

"I'm twenty-five and yes I am married."

She then preceded to freak out and ask everyone who was sitting around us if they knew I was twenty-five. All of them had a look of shock and awe on their faces as they replied "No! Really?"

I then preceded to tell them not only was I married but I had two twin boys who would be three in September. The all pretty much fell out of their chairs.

I am aware it is a good thing I look so young for my age, but at the same time they made me feel really old today. Maybe it's because it was the first time since my birthday I had to verbally admit my age, or simply due to the fact most of the people in my class are freshman. Either way, they totally made me feel old. Thankfully, Kevin is 7 years old than me so all I have to do is call him old man to feel better about  myself. {Just kidding, but not really}

1 comment:

Whitni Watkins said...

LOVE IT! haha Jacque you are "one hott mama"