August 20, 2012

1st Day of School


This year these two little guys started preschool at our local Head Start. They will be going Monday through Friday from 8 to 2:30. I think it will be a great experience for them to be in a learning environment with other children and to have their own personal time out of the house. Plus, I'm looking forward to spending some time alone with my little Evie. 



I though dropping them off at school would be a breeze ad that I would have no problem with it. However, I was the one who was gushing tears as we walked out of that building leaving our children in the hands of their teachers. Surly I thought Aiden would cry and not want to go, but nope he was fine playing in his classroom. Cooper, the adventurous child, I thought would have no problems and breeze into his classroom with ease. He proved me wrong as well. He didn't want to go and wanted to stay with me and Kevin. Eventually he found a small space between the two shelves he felt safe in and just stood there and watched the other kids play. I wanted to stay and hold his hand through out the whole day, but I knew it wouldn't help him to become independent and adapt to the classroom. So I left, with tears running down my face, a husband telling me it would be okay, and a week old newborn sleeping in her carseat. 

No comments: