February 22, 2011

To Honor the Presidents

Yesterday was Presidents Day and in honor of them we headed out to the William J. Clinton Presidential Library & Museum. Kevin suggested that we go because a) it was free on Presidents Day, b) they have a Dr. Seuss exhibit right now, c) we have never been, and d) I didn’t have school that day.
CIMG1579
I told the boys when they went to bed that we were going to go see Dr. Seuss the next morning. Before we left I told them we were going to see Dr. Seuss and the Cat in the Hat. This was their reaction.
At first I was a little apprehensive because I assumed that it was going to be overflowing with people who all wanted to get in on the free day. (One time I went to the Zoo on the free day, so not worth the crowds!) Thankfully though, the Little Rock schools decided to make up a snow day so I think that helped cut down on the amount of people. Also, we went first thing in the morning… well like 10:00, but whatever. The museum is really cool! I want to go back without grumpy children so I can take in all the info that they have set up. From what I did get a chance to see while Aiden wasn’t throwing a full blown tantrum on the floor because he couldn’t get in the elevator, was really interesting. They have a set up of the Oval Office and the Cabinet Room. I would have snapped pictures, but it was a little crowded and Aiden felt like moving. By the end of our trip there Aiden was pretty tired of the whole thing, probably because he woke up at seven, but we did get to swing into the Dr. Seuss Exhibit. It was really awesome! It included art from his books, as well as when he used a different artist name. Aiden & Cooper are big Dr. Seuss fans. Cooper reads “eggs and ham” all the time which is adorable, and they LOVE watching the Cat in the Hat on PBS in the mornings. We each snapped a pic with the famous Cat. me & a with the cat
me & aiden with the cat
CIMG1582
kevin & cooper with the cat. I don’t know why there is a weird shadow/double exposure on c’s face.

The boys really seemed to enjoy the Dr. Seuss and the stairs. They love stairs, going up, going down. Really, I think they just love moving around. Once we got outside we let the boys run around to get out all their pent up energy from being carried through a big space. First they played at the water fountains until Aiden decided we wanted to climb in them. We headed for the car when they spotted the bike rack. Aiden started by going through it and Cooper followed shortly. It was fun to see them be creative with their surroundings and that they view the world differently from us.
aiden & bike racks
aiden
CIMG1583
cooper w/kev

ps. those backpack harnesses our kids are wearing are the greatest invention ever! yes, people sometimes look at us like we are crazy. but, most of the time people wish they had them for their kids when they were little. we use them everywhere we go and I always know that a & c will be safe when we are alone at the grocery store or the zoo. seriously, they are awesome.

1 comment:

Caton said...

your boys are getting so big! adorable!