March 12, 2011

Recap/Dirty Laundry

I realize I should do weekly recaps just so I can remember what happens in our daily lives. It has been kind of crazy around here trying to make sure both Kevin and I have our homework done on time, while keeping Aiden & Cooper busy with something educational. Thankfully, I am getting almost two weeks off of school so I will be able to focus on the boys more and on some projects I need to get completed. Kevin was super busy this past weekend because he built our fence! Well, just the front two sections because the other 3 sides were put up for us. (Thanks neighbors!) It looks really good ad It has been so wonderful to go in the backyard and run around without having to worry about A & C taking off down the neighbors lawns. This weekend Kevin went on a campout with the scouts so I have been home alone with the boys. But, we were very productive today and tackled the laundry. Arkansas as finally warmed up enough that it feels like spring! I took full advantage of the nice weather and hung our clothes on the clothes line Kevin built for us last year. I love it! So do A & C because they can run through the clothes. CIMG1640

I could barely fit the last load I ran on the line. Next time, I need to even out the loads a little bit more. 

On a side note, I bought A & C a drum/musical set at Target a couple weeks ago because they love music. It has been the best purchase in quite some time. It might even trump WALL-E. They are obsessed with their drumsticks! Aiden's is purple, Cooper’s is green, and they know who gets which color. They bang on their drum, our chairs, the floor, random objects to make music. When they go out side they have sword fights with one another and the chains from our porch swing (that is being refinished). Today when I put them down for a nap Cooper threw a fit because he didn’t have his drumstick. “My drumstick! My drumstick!” Once I gave it to him he calmed down. They even sleep with the drumsticks like they are a stuffed animal. Its precious.

CIMG1641

Aiden with his beloved drumstick.

CIMG1642

Cooper and his drumstick.

I love it! Also, this week I introduced them to finger painting and ice cube painting. They loved it. I’ll take pictures of their work and post it later. I have lots of homework to finish before Monday rolls around and need to take full advantage of nap time.

1 comment:

Whitni Watkins said...

I am so glad you posted. I love reading about you and your family and the new things the boys learn. :-)